COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Our Commitment to you
Whilst we are approaching the end of the second lockdown and the dark evenings start to draw in, Dash aka 'Head of Security' has been busy on paw patrol, notably he has alerted us over the last week to a few out of place sticks and a squirrel or two. High on his agenda is making sure that the Cliveden team are preparing the hotel for the festive season ready for your return. With the Great Hall glistening, our fires roaring, and Champagne ready to pop, all we need is the return of our friends and family to Cliveden House to help us celebrate this year’s festivities in style.
We’re delighted to announce the re-opening of Cliveden House on Thursday 3rd December in Tier Two. For more information on Tier Two and what this means please click here >>. In light of the Government's announcement, we have updated our Precautions and Procedures listed below.
Please be aware that there will be no mixing of households allowed within the hotel, spa or restaurants during this time.
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying at the hotel but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Escape with Confidence’ and with this in mind, we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that Iconic Luxury Hotels have implemented.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01628 668561 or emailing us at email@example.com
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cliveden House soon.
Tier 2 & your visit to Cliveden House
The Good News: Under Tier 2 restrictions we are able to remain open! You and your household can dine in our restaurants followed by a drink in the bar, swim in the pool, explore our beautiful National Trust grounds, enjoy a game of tennis and relax during a spa treatment.
Even 2020 can’t stop love, therefore small weddings of up to 15 people can still take place.
If you are looking to mix business with pleasure we are also able to welcome appropriate business meetings.
The Bad News: You can’t bring your friends or family from different households to join, nor can you enjoy a cocktail at the bar without a meal.
In Tier 3? Here's what we can do for you...
Whilst we would love to welcome you during this time unfortunately, we are unable to do so. Our helpful Reservations team are ready and waiting to reschedule your stay. To plan your 2021 escape please call 01628 607107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staying with us? Here’s what to expect…
NHS Track & Trace - We are supporting the NHS Covid-19 Track & Test service. We are required by law to record and retain for a period of two weeks the names and contact details of all visitors to the property. This information will be supplied to NHS Track & Test service on request. We urge you to download the NHS COVID-19 app and to scan the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel and spa.
Pre-arrival Health Questionnaire - You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival. If you are receiving this email on behalf of your household please complete one form per household.
Temperature Checks - Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you, unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
Face coverings - Face coverings will be required in all public areas.
Social Distancing - Please respect the social distancing measures in place.
Valet Parking - Your car will not be valet parked so you will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members.
- When using hotel transport all team members and guests will be required to wear a face-covering.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer.
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk.
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice.
During Your Stay
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Please utilise the interactive Crave tablet to communicate with our team as much as possible.
Activities - Games, puzzles, bikes, etc. will be arranged in advance to assure sanitisation between use
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, spa, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote, Crave units)
- Lifts will only be available for use by prior arrangement with management
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries.
Temperature Checks - Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building.
Cleanliness and PPE Use - All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes. All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
Social Distancing – The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible. Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside.
Self-Isolating – All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell and will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
Meetings – We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings.
Shifts – We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it.
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training.
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes.
Our Business Partners
Appointments - We will be receiving visitors and contractors to the site by appointment in advance only.
Pre-Arrival Health Questionnaire - You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival.
Temperature Checks - Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you will be refused entry.
Deliveries - Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment.
Access - Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted.
What are our terms and conditions on cancellations?
We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same.
Dining with us? Here’s what to expect…
Tier Two Rules
- Inside our restaurants, we will only be accommodating a maximum of 6 per table from one household.
- If your household is over 6 people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to the guidelines set out by the UK Government
- Our restaurants will close at 11pm with last orders being 10pm.
On Booking - All bookings must be made in advance. For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details
Temperature Checks - On arrival at the restaurant, you will be required to have your temperature checked. If your temperature is 38 degrees or over, you will be asked to return home. We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not come to the restaurant or hotel.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have expanded our in-room dining
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
Menus - Single-use menus will be in place across all outlets excluding our outdoor outlets.
Visiting the spa? Here’s what to expect…
Tier 2 Rules – Inside our spas, our guests cannot mix with other households and we will take bookings from one household only.
Face Coverings - Masks must be worn during treatments, with the exception of facials.
Temperature Checks - Before entering the spa your temperature will be checked and if it is 38 degrees or over you will be refused entry.
- The indoor pools and gymnasium will operate on a first come first served basis operating a one in one out policy.
- Children's swim times must be pre-booked within the slots available (09.00-10.30hrs and 16.00-17.30hrs). This service will be exclusive to families only and will work on a first-come, first-served basis and must be booked in advance.
- Our communal poolside steam room has been opened and bookable via spa reception on the day.
- Signage and a procedure will be in place to ensure social distancing is followed.
- We will only offer bottled water
- We will remove all reading material
- Class sizes will be reduced
- All areas of the spa will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place at the entrance of all areas in the spa and health club.
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use; either by the guest or by the health club attendant. A validation method will be in place
- In spa treatment rooms, all surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected between each client.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas including, the gymnasium, treatment rooms, fitness suites, steam room, changing rooms, and pool bar will take place daily.
- All tools and equipment will be sanitised after each client (e.g. combs, brushes, hairpins, rollers).
Our team's commitment to you
We are delighted to announce that we have now been presented with the We're Good To Go certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team and shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Finally, as a guest of Cliveden House, we ask for your support by…
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry. We cannot accept reservations from guests who have been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days. You will be asked to confirm this on your Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.