- What's On
- Argentinian Wine Dinner with Patricio Gouguenheim
- Women in Power: a series of events
- Garsington Opera
- Royal Ascot
- Meet the Brewer Dinner with Rebellion Brewery
- Windsor Championship Dog Show
- Afternoon Tea with Oliver Everett
- The Ayoub Sisters: A classical evening in The Sounding Chamber
- Wimbledon-inspired Afternoon Tea
- Henley Royal Regatta
- Chocolate Afternoon Tea
- Royal Swan Upping
- Women in Power: Afternoon Tea with Elizabeth Day
- Cliveden Literary Festival
- Children's Outdoor Theatre: The Wind in the Willows
- 50 things to do before you're 11¾
- Anthony Caro at Cliveden
- Iconic Luxury Hotels Party 2019
- Dominique Demarville Champagne Dinner: February 2019
- Cliveden Christmas Lights Event 2018
- Mistresses of Cliveden
Women in Power: Afternoon Tea with Elizabeth Day
Award-winning author, journalist and podcaster
Date: 19/07/2019 | Time: 14:00
To honour the centenary of Nancy Astor being the first female MP to take her seat in Parliament, we will be holding a series of "Women in Power" events to showcase and celebrate women who have become noteworthy within their respective fields. From politicians and journalists, to sportswomen and magazine editors, this series - and each event, will represent powerful women across various industries and will tell the story of what it takes to become a Woman in Power, from the perspective of our guest speakers.
On 19th July, Elizabeth Day, the award-winning author, journalist and podcaster, joins us to talk about her novels, her career in newspapers and her latest book, How To Fail: Everything I've Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong. Part memoir, part manifesto, and with chapters on relationships, work, dating, friendship and success, it is partly inspired by her chart-topping podcast where she interviews successful people such as Sebastian Faulks, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Mishal Husain about what they have learned from three failures in their life. Elizabeth will be sharing her insights into what success really means and how we can all fail better - ending up much happier as a result.
Join us at Cliveden for this special afternoon tea in The French Dining Room and delight in a wonderful talk from our guest of honour, afterwards there will also be the opportunity of a Q&A.
£70 per person | 10% discount for Cliveden Club Members
Dress code: smart casual
Menu coming soon...
Subject to availability. Must be booked in advance.
Please note that we can cater for all dietary requirements with prior notice, including dairy free, gluten free, vegan and more. Please specify at the time of booking.