- Sunday Lunch
- 200th Anniversary of Queen Victoria Afternoon Tea
- Chelsea Flower Show Afternoon Tea
- Fish and Chips Night in The Astor Grill
- Father's Day Lunch in The Cliveden Dining Room
- Father's Day Lunch in The Astor Grill
- Meet the Brewer Dinner with Rebellion Brewery
- Afternoon Tea with Oliver Everett
- Women in Power: Lunch with Olivia Falcon & Fiona Golfar
- Sausage Feast Night in The Astor Grill
- Chocolate Afternoon Tea
- Women in Power: Afternoon Tea with Elizabeth Day
200th Anniversary of Queen Victoria Afternoon Tea
Enjoy a celebration of Queen Victoria at Cliveden...
Cliveden was visited by Queen Victoria on many occasions. The House is only a short distance from Windsor, so she would sometimes travel here by boat. It was at Spring Cottage, Cliveden's luxury hideaway on the riverbank, that Queen Victoria and the Duchess of Sutherland would take afternoon tea whilst watching the world float by.
To celebrate the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria, we could think of nothing more apt that an afternoon tea incorporating some of the things that she was known to love.
The menu includes nods to the Victoria sponge, which was named after her and would cater to her famous sweet tooth; Finnan haddie, which she was known to enjoy at breakfast in later years; curry, which she first enjoyed in 1887 and pronounced to be 'excellent'; and Atholl brose, a mixture of whisky and honey that she was known to have a penchant for.
Join us to celebrate 24th - 26th of May for a perfectly prepared selection of finger sandwiches and savoury treats, freshly baked scones with home-made jam and clotted cream, miniature delectable bite-size cakes, pastries and delicacies, accompanied by full-bodied and aromatic Cliveden blend teas...
£37.00 per person
Available 24th - 26th May 2019. Subject to availability. Must be booked in advance.
A trip to Cliveden would not be complete without a leisurely stroll around the beautiful 376 acre estate. An additional charge of £10 is levied by the National Trust for all guests visiting Cliveden House although if you are already a National Trust member there is no extra charge.