48 hours per week
Join Cliveden House as a Sommelier. The Sommelier’s first duty is to the guest, to source any beverages that would meet the guest’s expectations, according to their taste, budget and their choice of food, also being responsible for the good respect of beverage service standards.
• To follow and complete any instructions given to you by the Head sommelier & Restaurant Manager.
• To implement policies and systems as required under the guidance of the management
• To adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the hotel.
• To demonstrate respect to management and colleagues while addressing them.
• To meet operational expectations as advised by the Restaurant Manager and Senior Management
• To keep a high Standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
• To approach guests in the correct manner as lay out by Hotel Standards.
• To use the guests name whenever possible, in accordance with the Hotel Standards.
• To attend briefings and departmental meetings.
• Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when the situation arises.
• To ensure that all the elements are present in order to secure a smooth and efficient service.
• To schedule and handle inventory in the absence of cellar manager
• To maintain optimum quality standards, regardless of challenges
• To select, buy, store, sell, and serve wines, in association with the Cellar Manager
• To create and maintain the wine list, in association with the Cellar Manager
• To keep and manage inventory of wines, in association with Cellar Manager
• To ensure proper storage and serving of wines
• To discuss and recommend wines with guests in accordance with the guest budget, and their choice of food
• To up sell and promote wines when possible
• To maintain wine-serving equipment
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Head Sommelier at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Vaux - Human Resources Office/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Vaux@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Conference & Banqueting Supervisor
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Food & Beverage Director
Food & Beverage Administrator