To take responsibility to drive the Restaurant forward by motivating the Team at all times, to increase profitability by reducing costs and wastage whilst increasing spends and business and to improve productivity by improving and maintaining the working environment.
- To oversee the management of the Restaurant and Room Service.
- To be alert and ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Company.
- To be responsible for the administration of the Restaurant.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of trainings and briefings to the Company’s specification.
- To be responsible for disciplinary matters within the Restaurant.
- To be constantly aware and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met as far as reasonably possible.
- To ensure that all staff call guests by their names where possible.
- To communicate with other departments.
- To constantly keep staff informed of Restaurant and Hotel goals, budgets and standards.
- To liaise with the Chef re customer feedback, possible improvement, daily menus and business.
- To hold monthly staff meetings to ensure effective communication and control.
- To keep the Managing Director informed of all comment and complaints received from guests and to use these where possible to improve service standards.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough and correct.
- To liaise with Reception/Reservations re table bookings and special requests.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To assist in the reaching of financial goals for the Food and Beverage department.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and Room Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Restaurant Manager or duty Manager any faults, as well as completing maintenance requests.
- To show a constant united front of management to the staff.
- To be fully aware of the Hotels Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Restaurant Manager at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Philpin - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Philpin@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Astor Grill Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Goods Receiver Stores (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)