48 Hours per week
Join Cliveden House as a Head Waiter, offering guests an exceptional formal dining experience. In addition to providing food service to restaurant patrons, our Head Waiter will lead the waiting staff whilst on their shift, and monitor waiting duties through to completion, handling work-related problems and resolving them in a positive and professional way.
- To follow and complete any instructions given to you by your Senior Head waiter or any senior member of staff.
- To demonstrate respect to management and staff while addressing them.
- Help to ensure the smooth running of all guests’ requirements and Standards of Service are maintained at all times.
- To implement policies and systems as required under the guidance of the management
- To ensure hot beverages are served by Hotel Standards and in the required time.
- To effectively manage your Staff time and productivity whilst at work.
- To ensure that the cleanliness and organisation of your team are within the management guidelines.
- To ensure that all the elements are present in order to secure a smooth and efficient service.
- To ensure that appropriate mise-en-place has been prepared.
- To support your staff, and operate as a safeguard in times of crisis.
- To keep a high Standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- To approach guests in the correct manner as lay out by Hotel Standards.
- To use the guests name whenever possible, in accordance with the Hotel Standards.
- To train new waiting staff
- Assign opening and closing duties.
- To attend briefings and departmental meetings.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when the situation arises.
- To see through and to completion opening and closing procedures
- To carry out additional tasks as instructed and by reasonable request from the senior team.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the hotel.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Commis de Rang at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Vaux - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Vaux@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Chef de Rang
Head Bar Waiter
Food & Beverage Director