Food & Beverage Director
48 hours per week.
Join Cliveden House as the Food & Beverage Director, to take responsibility to drive overall consistency throughout the Food and Beverage operation. To increase profitability by reducing costs and wastage whilst increasing spends and business and to improve productivity whilst maintaining the working environment.
- To oversee the management of the all Food and Beverage Departments.
- To work within the financial budgets ensuring sales are achieved and exceeded and food and wage percentages are within the required target on a weekly basis.
- Control loss and breakages of all operating equipment.
- To implement accurate stock takes and ensure they are managed on a monthly basis
- Ensure there are effective measures and records in place to control the stock and movement of all food and beverage
- Working with the relevant HOD’s assist in the ordering of all wet and dry items as determined by the par stocks agreed with the Hotel Manager
- Set up systems to monitor and evaluate customer feedback and take appropriate action based on the results
- To liaise on a daily basis with the Chef re customer feedback, possible improvement, daily menus and business.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough and correct.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Maintenance or the Duty Manager any faults, as well as completing maintenance requests.
- To assist the HOD’s in ensuring departmental standards are updated, communicated and maintained
- To work with the relevant HOD’s to ensure the overall staffing structure optimises the service excellence required within the wage budget.
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility both front and back of house are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To work with the Commercial Director to set up an annual promotional calendar to drive sales
- Assist in the Induction and Training content for all new employees and ensure on-going training needs are delivered
- To constantly keep staff informed of Hotel goals, budgets and standards.
- To hold monthly staff meetings to ensure effective communication and control.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To show a constant united front of management to the staff.
- To be fully aware of the Hotels Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Food & Beverage Director at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form.
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.