Commis de Rang
48 Hours per week.
Join Cliveden House as a Commis de Rang, offering guests an exceptional formal dining experience. We are looking for a Commis de Rang to join our team, assisting the Restaurant Manager/ Head Waiter and his Assistants in the organisation of service in the Restaurant and Room Service areas.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations if requested.
- To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision Statement are followed and utilised at all times.
- To be aware of all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To organise and assist with all mise en place, cleaning and service in the Restaurant and Room Service.
- To take complete responsibility of the running of your station, to ensure that the correct mise en place is ready and that guests are served efficiently in a friendly manner to the standards laid by the Company.
- To report all comments/complaints/ problems to the Head Waiter immediately.
- To use guests’ names at all times.
- When calling tables, work in close collaboration with the Head Waiter and the Kitchen.
- To assist the Head Waiter when required with answering the phone, assisting guests, managing Commis de Rang.
- To carry out additional tasks as instructed and by reasonable request from the leadership team.
- To take responsibility of Room Service, under the supervision of the Breakfast Head Waiter.
- To ensure that all VIP Room Service trays are double-checked by the Head Waiter.
- To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times.
- To ensure that you attend all trainings, briefings and meetings.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Commis de Rang at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Philpin - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Philpin@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Astor Grill Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Maintenance Engineer (40 hours per week)