Bar Commis Waiter
48 Hours per week
Your role as Bar Commis Waiter would be to assist in the operation of the Lounge and Bar areas.
- To have a good knowledge of all food and drink available for sale in your department, enabling you to answer any guest queries quickly.
- To carry out "opening up" mis-en-place duties including:
- Collecting ice
- Setting up the bar
- Bottling up shelves
- Collecting requisitions
- To carry out cleaning of bar area and equipment on a regular basis,
- To take orders for spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks etc, taking every opportunity to maximise sales in a discreet and professional manner.
- To prepare and serve beverages, wine, etc for service in accordance with the SOP Manual.
- To be constantly aware of guests needs and be able to respond to them accordingly.
- To clear bar tables after the consumption of beverage items and to maintain the bar area in a presentable state on an ongoing basis.
- To accurately charge guests for items purchased and to give any correct change at all times.
- To ensure mis-en-place is well stocked and napkins available and folded correctly.
- To assist with the preparation and service of tables in the Lounges for Afternoon Teas as per daily bookings.
- To familiarise yourself with menus in other food and beverage outlets in the Hotel.
- To maintain the spillage book to the required standard.
- To frequently check on guest satisfaction and to communicate complimentary/adverse comments to the Bar Manager.
- To welcome and seat guests in the absence of the Manager.
- To "close down" the bar at the agreed time including emptying skips, dispersing of rubbish, mopping the floor and locking up securely.
- To have a full knowledge of the Weighs and Measures Act and Licensing Laws and to strictly adhere to the provisions set
- To ensure all liquor items are correctly stored and secured and re-ordered where necessary.
- To answer the Bar telephone quickly and to deal with guest/staff enquiries in a professional manner and in line with departmental standards.
- Assist in continual development of Cocktail list and promotions.
- Assist with the development of the Coffee list.
- Preparation, serving and clearing of all hot drinks in accordance with the SOP manual.
- Service and clearance of hot and cold food in accordance with SOP manual.
- To be familiar with the EPOS system.
- To ensure that you attend all trainings, briefings and meetings.
- To use guests’ names at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of chemicals.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Bar Waiter at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form.
Samantha Vaux - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Vaux@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Conference & Banqueting Supervisor
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Bar Commis Waiter
Astor Grill Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)