Join Cliveden as a Receptionist, the main aim of the role is to undertake the duties of Reception/Cashiering and Reservations, making sure that the Reception Department is efficient and profitable. To ensure that guest’s needs are met where possible and to assist with the general running and control of the department.
• To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the Department and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a luxury country hotel.
• To be responsible for the smooth “check-in and check out” of guests in accordance with the standards laid down in the training manual and standards of performance manual.
• To efficiently and courteously “room” guests in accordance with the standard of procedure.
• To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
• To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
• To have a good working knowledge of all departments of the Hotel.
• To liase with the senior reservationist, when working on the late shift, to ensure the correspondence for the following day is fully understood.
• To have a full understanding of all equipment within the Front Office including Opera, Open Table, Word, Excel and Email.
• To be familiar with all reservation tasks in order to cover this role if required.
• To work as a team in a constructive manner that enables Cliveden to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector.
• To be efficient and well-informed in taking restaurant reservations, in the absence of the Restaurant Manager – availability, prices and any restrictions.
• To be well-informed of the ‘market; - all aspects of accommodation as well as traditional sales areas in F & B and other hotel services.
• To record all relevant comments of appreciation, suggestions and maintenance points in order to initiate follow up.
• To know and understand the current policies and procedures of the Hotel and Spa.
• To be responsible for monies in your care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
• Ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
• To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills. To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
• To be aware of complaints/problems and Guest history information and bring them to the attention of the Reception Manager, Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
• To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
• To attend training and development courses as required.
40 hours per week
To be considered for the role of Receptionist at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Jacquie Rollett - or use our application form.
Jacquie Rollett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: Jacquie.Rollett@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Sommelier de Rang (48 hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Junior Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie Pastry (48 hours per week)
Demi Chef de Partie
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)