To manage and supervise the day-to-day running of Reception.
- To lead the training and development of all staff within your area of responsibility, achieving standards laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual and to report any departmental training completed to the HR department.
- To aid in the welfare of all staff within the department by setting clear objectives to develop a motivated, effective team, in line with Company policy.
- To prepare fortnightly rotas, taking into consideration business trends and wage budgets.
- To attend HOD, BEO and Finance meetings and be familiar with monthly revenue budgets and targets.
- To carry out monthly room checks for hotel bedrooms.
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the department and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests.
- To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guests’ names where appropriate.
- To have a good working knowledge of all departments within the Hotel.
- To establish a good working relationship with colleagues and to assist in solving problems and answering questions.
- To ensure the smooth running and efficient organisation of the Reception in line with established procedures and standards.
- To have a full understanding of all computerised systems within the Front Office.
- To be responsible for monies in your care as per the cashiering shift and in Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
- Ensure correct handover procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- To oversee the department accounting procedures and ensure that guests are correctly billed for their stay, including any treatments, activities and Cliveden Gifts.
- To be aware of problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills and be familiar with how to rectify these.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To undertake Duty Management shifts when requested.
- To be well-informed of the ‘market; - all aspects of accommodation as well as traditional sales areas in F & B and other hotel services.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Receptionist at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Conference & Banqueting Supervisor
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Food & Beverage Director
Conference & Banqueting Assistant
Spa Operations Manager (48 hours per week)
Spa Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Spa Receptionist - Maternity Cover (40 hours per week)
HR Officer - Maternity Cover (40 hours per week)
Evening Floor Housekeeper
Goods Receiver Stores (16 hours per week)