40 hours per week
To assist and support the Laundry Supervisor to ensure that all Linen is cleaned and prepared ready for the rooms the same day.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day handling of all linen within the Cliveden House Hotel
- To collect soiled linen from the floor where applicable
- To help the Maid’s taking in and out all bed and bath linen from the rooms.
- To ensure all soiled linen is placed in the correct areas at the correct time.
- To count and prepare soiled linens ready for collection by Guarantee Linen driver.
- To prepare guest and staff dry cleaning, laundry, fill in Laundry/Dry Cleaning docket’s to be ready for collection every morning.
- To prepare chef’s uniform every Tuesday and Friday ready for collection
- To restock pantries, each day with linen, stationary, magazines and bed linen.
- To keep the Maid’s pantry clear of soiled linen and refuse bags (when full)
- To keep store areas clean and tidy and stocked up.
- To change light bulbs when required.
- To vacuum and high dust areas as directed by the Executive Head Housekeeper or Deputy Head Housekeeper
- To shampoo carpets and upholstery as directed
- To check in deliveries and put in correct store rooms
- To ensure all machine equipment is maintained and operated to guard against breakdown
- To comply with all Hotel and Company policies.
- To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Head Housekeeper, for your own development.
- Ensure that the Laundry is kept clean at all times even behind machines, wipe top of washing machines and dryers.
- Hoover the laundry floor and mop also do the linen room.
- To be aware of and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law
- To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the Company.
- Ensure a pleasant and courteous manner to all guest and colleagues at all time.
- To always keep a smart appearance and wear your uniform correctly.
- Working in the Linen Room
- Putting in and removing extra beds, bowl and bed dogs to rooms
- Moving furniture
- Checking deliveries into the Housekeeper store
- Spring Cleaning
- High cleaning e.g. glasses, lamps, cobwebbing
- Removing and replacing curtains for cleaning
- To undertake from time to time, such other duties as may be requested which are consistent with the nature of this position.
This list is not exhaustive and will be reviewed periodically when adjustments may be made.
To be considered for the role of Linen Porter at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form.
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 Hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Assistant Head Sommelier (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Breakfast Chef (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie
Demi Chef de Partie
Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)