Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
40 Hours per week
• To ensure that during own duty times that you are aware of all guests and events that are scheduled for the day, and plan tasks accordingly, including sales of Cliveden facilities.
• To check the fire panel status and to take appropriate action should issues be identified.
• To check all fire exits in the house, including walkways and to take appropriate action if issues are found and actions recorded.
• To regularly check the car parks for illegally parked cars and inform the security manager for action.
• To regularly check bin areas including club and courtyard for cleanliness and odour and to resolve any issues identified.
• To check all pavilion areas for cleanliness and ensure sundries are appropriately refreshed.
• To check all exterior paths and walkways for cleanliness and remove rubbish as necessary to include cigarette buts and to ensure floor lights are clean and not obstructed with debris. To check the cleanliness of all information and direction signs.
• To check all house corridors and remove any obstructions and to ensure quality housekeeping standards are met for guests.
• Regularly walk the dry run underground corridor to ensure pathway is clear of debris.
• To check all public areas to include the great hall, library, boudoir, tote room, snooker room, meeting rooms and Port Cohere for cleanliness to include removal of used guest crockery, papers and other items, and ensure seating and cushions are in correct positions.
• To ensure fleet cares are appropriately fuelled, clean and in good condition inside and out.
• To check the staff canteen for cleanliness and take appropriate action to rectify to maintain quality standards, and regularly monitor staff food quality.
• To check and recommend action to ensure ALL staff uniform is at a quality standard, to include clean and appropriate footwear, hair cleanliness and personal odour.
• To regularly review guest comments and DM book, and take action to resolve problems or publish successes to departments.
• To meet and greet all guests and engage in small talk before passing on to correct department, and to up sell at every opportunity.
• To be responsible for all house key management and key storage and security of keys.
• To ensure monetary transaction are correct, to include guest bills on departure and petty cash expenditure.
• To undertake personal customer complaints and resolve to the satisfaction of guests, and recommend action for change to ensure same/similar complaints do not happen again.
• To comply with all House and Company policies and procedures.
• To comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as employment law, health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention etc.
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the General Manager, for your own development.
• To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the House.
• This list of duties is not exhaustive, nor is it intended to be, and duties are not listed in any priority order.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Duty Manager at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Jacquie Rollett - or use our application form.
Jacquie Rollett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: Jacquie.Rollett@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 Hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Assistant Head Sommelier (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Breakfast Chef (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie
Demi Chef de Partie
Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)