40 Hours per week
Join Cliveden House as a Day Porter. Your main duties will be to ensure that arriving and departing guests are taken care of to the standards set by the company.
- To ensure the efficient and safe transferral of luggage.
- To meet and see off all arriving and departing guests during shift.
- To ensure all arriving Hotel and Restaurant guests’ cars are parked, if required.
- To ensure departing guests’ car windscreens are washed.
- To ensure no guests are left waiting in any are of the Front Hall or public areas for an excessive amount of time (more than 5 minutes) without being spoken to.
- To assist with taking coats and returning them to arriving and departing Restaurant or Conference Guests.
- To ensure all public areas are tidy and set up at all times to the required standard.
- To ensure ground floor cloakrooms are kept to the required standards throughout the day with the items being replaced as required.
- To assist Reception in peak periods with guest enquiries, issuing of keys etc.
- To be able if necessary to work night shifts to cover department
- Establishing a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
- To ensure all messages are delivered to recipients promptly and according to their wishes.
- To be responsible for answering enquiries and assisting guests with queries, routes, etc.
- To carry our cleaning schedule as per instructions/standards.
- To ensure the safe driving of guest and Company vehicles.
- To ensure all newspapers are faxed to the Newsagent each evening and delivered to each guest’s room on the following morning, in accordance with the Standards and Procedures Manual.
- To clean and polish any guest shoes, in accordance with the Standards and Procedure Manual.
- To efficiently and courteously “room” guests in accordance with the Standards and Procedures Manual.
- To be able to answer the telephone in accordance with Cliveden’s standard as laid down in the Standards and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure a high level of security of guest’s room keys, guest vehicle keys and departmental keys are maintained at all times.
- To ensure the Porte Cochere desk is manned at all times.
- To keep the Duty Manager informed at all times.
- To assist in any area as required and perform any reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the vision are followed at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Day Porter at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Chef de Rang
Head Bar Waiter
Food & Beverage Director