Assistant Night Manager
Join Cliveden House as an Assistant Night Manager, ensuring high standards of efficiency in daily operation of the department during the night, whilst maintaining our high level of excellence and aiming for an increase in guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities: Overall night supervision of procedures and security and oversee duties in the absence of Night Manager
• To liase with reception staff, barmen and Dining Room associates in order to carry out their duties when necessary.
• To receive a full and detailed handover from the late shift Duty Manager regarding any further requirements or potential situations.
• To have a full understanding of the Company fire procedures and when necessary take the relevant action, as laid down in Company policy, to ensure the safety of everyone within the House (Guests and associates alike).
• To train colleagues to enable them to competently manage the night shift in your absence.
• To ensure a minimum of one security patrol per hour and that all findings are noted in the Night Report Book.
• To be fully aware of the “arrival” and “departure” procedures for guests of the House and to perform these procedures to the standard laid down in the Standards and Procedures Manual.
• To ensure every effort is made to meet guest needs, with all complaints and comments being actioned following procedures laid down by the Hotel and Company policies.
• To ensure the “Night Audit” is completed every night to the satisfaction of the Accounts Manager.
• To liase with senior colleagues to ensure there are sufficient information, directional maps and literature on places of interest within the locality.
• To ensure random checks, using master-keys on vacant guest rooms.
• To report any irregularities to the Duty Manager, on the following morning.
• To ensure each night the PDQ totals match with the Senior Receptionists’ cashier changeover.
• To have an understanding how to make and accept reservations for any of Cliveden’s facilities in accordance with company policy.
• To be able to answer the telephone in accordance with Cliveden’s standards, as laid down in the standard of procedures manual.
• To ensure all Public areas and Porte Cochere are kept to the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness and are made as welcoming as possible.
• To comply with all Hotel and Company policies.
• To be aware of, and comply with, statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law etc.
• To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the Company.
• To assist in the training and development of all associates within your area of responsibility, achieving standards laid down in the training manual and standard of procedure manuals.
• To attend training and development courses are required by the Head of Department.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Assistant Night Manager at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607143 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager
Maintenance Engineer (40 hours per week)