Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
48 hours per week.
Join Cliveden House as a Sous Chef, offering guests an exceptional formal dining experience. We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team, ensuring that all food preparation and dishes are made to the standard laid by the Company.
- Responsible to the Head Chef during service for timing and progress of all dishes.
- Responsibility for the Kitchen operation in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef and Head Chef.
- To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen brigade when required.
- To control wastage and to help maintain food costs.
- To ensure that in the preparation and presentation of food, the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- To keep both the Head Chef appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas connected with the Kitchen organisation.
- Assist in the responsibility for the operation of various sections within the Kitchen.
- To work towards and ensure a positive relationship exists between the Restaurant and the Kitchen.
- To constantly focus on guest care and service. Ensuring that everything that is done well improves and enhances the guest experience.
- To be fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
- To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times.
- To assist the Head Chef to effectively achieve and identify with a concise repertoire of dishes.
- To maintain and constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that compromise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid by the Company.
- To direct responsibility for all dishes served in your section.
- Attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
- To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Health Spa Manager or Health Spa
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
Main Characteristics and Conditions
Be able to adapt to any situation and react in a manner that is in accordance with the Cliveden.
To pass on any information to necessary staff, daily assist Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with running of the operation meeting set standards at all times.
Be able to work hours required by the level of Business.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Demi Chef de Partie at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Claire.Bartlett@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 Hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Assistant Head Sommelier (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Breakfast Chef (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie
Demi Chef de Partie
Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)