Junior Sous Pastry Chef
48 Hours per Week.
Join Cliveden House as a Junior Sous Pastry Chef, offering guests an exceptional formal dining experience. We are looking for a Junior Sous Pastry Chef to join our team, ensuring that all food preparation and dishes are made to the standard laid by the Company.
- To assist the Head Chef during service for timing and progress of all dishes.
- To take responsibility for the Kitchen operation in the absence of the Head Chef and the Sous Chef.
- To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen brigade.
- To control wastage and to help maintain food costs.
- To ensure that in the preparation and presentation of food, the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- To keep both the Head Chef and the Sous Chef appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas connected with the Kitchen organisation.
- To assist as directed with the operation of various sections within the Kitchen.
- To work towards and ensure a positive relationship exists between the Restaurant and the Kitchen.
- To constantly focus on guest care and service. Ensuring that everything that is done well improves and enhances the guest experience.
- To be fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
- To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times.
- To assist the Head Chef to effectively achieve and identify with a concise repertoire of dishes.
- To maintain and constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that compromise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid by the Company.
- To direct responsibility for all dishes served in your section.
- Attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
- To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Health Spa Manager or Health Spa
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Junior Sous Chef at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Vaux - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Vaux@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Conference & Banqueting Supervisor
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Food & Beverage Director
Food & Beverage Administrator