Demi Chef de Partie
To assist in the preparation of food for guests and staff under the supervision of your Chef de Partie/Sous Chef. Also to aid in the training of Commis Chefs.
- To maintain a high standard as specified work in accordance with the Head Chef’s instructions.
- To maintain and achieve a high standard of food quality, preparation, production and to assist in service under guidance from your Chef de Partie, Sous Chef or the Executive Chef.
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives and helping Commis Chefs learn to improve their ability.
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie.
- To keep high standards of cleanliness on section were employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene, cleanliness asked for by Sous Chefs/ Executive Chef.
- To be fully aware of all the Health and Safety at Work regulations in accordance with H.A.S.A. W. Act 1974 and Hygiene regulation Act 1971.
- To be fully aware of all hygiene control and chemicals uses at Cliveden.
- To have full knowledge have and be able to act upon the fire procedures, as set out in the Company Handbook and instructed to you on your induction.
- To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables Cliveden to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector.
- To have a committed approach to the development of creative service in the kitchen.
- To offer a personal service to Club members and residents of the House that is in keeping with Cliveden.
- To comply with all Hotel and Company policies.
- To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Chef for your own development.
- To be aware of, and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health & safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law, etc.
- To carry out any reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the Company.
- To assist on other sections or help with other duties when we are short of staff, emergencies and when number of covers require.
Main Characteristics and Conditions:
- Has the ambition to succeed shows willingness to work and learn everything possible in your time at Cliveden.
- To pass on all information to your Commis and to enhance their knowledge wherever possible.
- Assist the Executive Chef and the rest of the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness required by the Chef.
- Able to work hours required and section assigned to by the Executive Chef.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Demi Chef de Partie at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Samantha Vaux or use our application form:
Samantha Philpin - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Samantha.Philpin@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Commis de Rang
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Astor Grill Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Maintenance Engineer (40 hours per week)