Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
48 hours per week
Join Cliveden House as a Chef de Partie, offering guests an exceptional formal dining experience. We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our team, ensuring high standards of efficiency in the running of the department whilst always aiming for an increase in standards, profitability and staff development.
• To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Executive Head Chef’s instructions
• To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
• To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives
• To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labelling/dating and storage
• To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
• To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
• To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
• To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to
• To be punctual for work and report directly to the manager on duty on arrival in the kitchen
• To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
• To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
• To be fully aware of all the Health and Safety at Work regulations in accordance with H.A.S.A. W. Act 1974 and Hygiene regulation Act 1971.
• Responsible for the day to day running of any given section.
• The cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards of the section
• Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels.
• Training of Commis Chefs on section, delegation of tasks to Commis and Demi Chefs
• Constantly advising Chef on needs and ordering requirements.
• Assist other Chef de Parties and help each other keep motivated and focused.
• Take part in any training required
• Able to take controls and creates team spirit. Have a high level of experience gained from various quality establishments.
• To be fully aware of all hygiene control and chemicals used at Cliveden.
• To have full knowledge have and be able to act upon the fire procedures, as set out in the Company Handbook and instructed to you on your induction.
• To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables Cliveden to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector.
• To have a committed approach to the development of creative service in the kitchen.
• To offer a personal service to Club members and residents of the House that is in keeping with Cliveden.
• To comply with all Hotel and Company policies.
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Chef for your own development.
• To be aware of, and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health & safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law, etc.
• To carry out any reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the Company.
To assist on other sections or help with other duties when we are short of staff, emergencies and when number of covers require.
Main Characteristics and Conditions:
Has the ambition to succeed shows willingness to work and learn everything possible in your time at Cliveden.
To pass on all information to your Commis and to enhance their knowledge wherever possible.
Assist the Executive Chef and the rest of the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness required by the Chef.
Able to work hours required and section assigned to by the Executive Chef.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Commis Chef at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/ Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Claire.Bartlett@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Sommelier de Rang (48 hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Junior Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie Pastry (48 hours per week)
Demi Chef de Partie
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)