Breakfast Chef (48 hours per week)
48 Hours per Week.
Join Cliveden House as a Breakfast Chef, to assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Sous Chef/Chef de Partie.
• To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Executive Head Chef’s instructions
• To be responsible for the checking and storage of all dry goods from suppliers, dealing with suppliers to resolve any issues that may arise to compromise the standards required by Cliveden, and reporting this to a senior chef
• To cover the 1st breakfast chef in his absence
• To take responsibility for the ordering and service of staff food throughout the company ensuring that a high standard is maintained throughout.
• To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
• To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives
• To help Commis Chefs learn to improve their ability ensuring they carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labelling/dating and storage
• To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
• To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
• To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
• To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to
• To be punctual for work and report directly to the manager on duty on arrival in the kitchen
• To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
• To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
• To keep high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef
• To be fully aware of all the health and safety at work regulations in accordance with HASAW Act 1974 and Hygiene Regulation Act 1971
• To be fully aware of all hygiene control and chemicals used in the work place
• To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon, fire procedures
• To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables the hotel to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector
• To comply with all hotel and company policies
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Head Chef, for self development
• To be aware of and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law, etc.
• To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
• To attend all meeting and training sessions as required
• To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
- To assist on other sections or help with other duties when the kitchen is short staffed, in emergencies, and/or when number of covers require.
Main Characteristics and Conditions:
• Has the ambition to succeed.
• Shows willingness to work, passing on knowledge to Commis Chefs and learning everything possible during the period of employment
• Assist the kitchen team to maintain and improve quality, standards and cleanliness required by the chef
• Ability to work hours required and section assigned by the Executive Head Chef
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
To be considered for the role of Breakfast Chef at Cliveden House, please forward a copy of your CV to Claire Bartlett or use our application form:
Claire Bartlett - Human Resources Officer/Direct Tel: 01628 607144 / Email: Claire.Bartlett@clivedenhouse.co.uk
Cliveden House is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 Hours per week)
Chef de Rang (48 hours per week)
Assistant Head Sommelier (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Spa Food & Beverage Assistants
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Conference & Banqueting Assistant (48 hours per week)
Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Kitchen Porter (48 hours per week)
Breakfast Chef (48 hours per week)
Senior Chef de Partie
Demi Chef de Partie
Sous Chef (48 hours per week)
Room Attendant (40 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Seasonal Day Porter (Various hours available)