Originally built as a Summerhouse and tea room for the Countess of Orkney in 1813, this charming and picturesque cottage, set on the banks of the River Thames within the Cliveden Estate, offers the utmost in privacy and escapism...
View More Pictures >>
Who will enjoy Spring Cottage...
- Couples seeking an indulgent and romantic hideaway
- Anyone searching for privacy and seclusion
- Small groups looking for a place to stay with friends
- A home from home for longer stays
About Spring Cottage....
One of the most beautiful cottages on the Thames, Spring Cottage was originally built as a secluded summerhouse and tea room and takes its name from the spring that emerges from the nearby cliffs.
The Duchess of Sutherland had it extended in the 1870's and turned it into accommodation and the cottage you see today.
Ironically this little haven of pastoral bliss became the centre of a violent political storm in the early '60s. It was here that Stephen Ward and Christine Keeler were staying when they triggered the infamous Profumo scandal. So, even the cottage is not without its share of colourful Cliveden history.
Spring Cottage can sleep up to 6 guests. You can even cruise the River Thames from Spring Cottage in one of Cliveden's famous vintage launches.
- 2 Double Bedrooms (1 en-suite)
- Large Bathroom complete with walk-in shower, bath and splash TV
- The Snug - Cosy lounge with real fireplace (The Snug can also be made into an additional double bedroom - via a 4ft 6 inch sofa-bed)
- Children's Room (complete with 2 single beds - 1 pullout)
- A very large lounge with open fireplace, plenty of comfortable seating and a large wall-mounted television
- Small office area overlooking the River Thames
- Country Kitchen with Aga, large wooden table for dining (up to 6 guests), dish washer, sink, fridge, separate wine cooler fridge, coffee machine, microwave oven.
- Wifi in all rooms of the Cottage
- Outdoor covered Porch with comfortable seating and river views
- Private rear garden with the original 'Spring' and small lake
- Comfortable outdoor seating (2 round tables with seating for up to 8 guests)
- The Queen Victoria Tea Room Veranda
- Secluded Courtyard Garden for the utmost privacy
- Private River Thames Boat Launch Mooring
Guests at Spring Cottage have full use of the main house, the Pavilion Spa, including gymnasium and tennis centre and are free to explore the 376 acres of beautifully maintained National Trust grounds.
A Personal Butler is available at Spring Cottage - additional charges apply (please contact reservations for details).
From £1,854.00 to £2,064 per night....
Reserve Spring Cottage: BOOK ONLINE >> / Tel: 00 44 1628 668561 / Email Us
* Bed and Breakfast rates are exclusive of VAT at the current rate at the time of your stay. A National Trust admission fee of £10.50 per person will be added to your bill (excluding National Trust members, with valid membership cards).