- 1st Floor
- £1,500 - 1,635
- Grand Drive / Grounds
- 65 m 2
The Inchiquin Suite is one of our newly refurbished suites which has been glamorously refreshed in a traditional, classic style making the most of the historical fabric of the building, embellished with fine European fabrics and antique furniture.
Located on the first/top floor of the East Wing, overlooking the Grand Drive, Fountain of Love and the gardens. There is a double bedded room and a second double bed located within the large living room, which has a side view of the gardens. The room is a powder pink theme inspired by the painting, coral and aubergine, Belle époque.
When Lord Orkney died in 1739, his titles passed to his daughter, Anne, Countess of Orkney in her own right. In 1720 she married the 4th Earl of Inchiquin. Lady Orkney let Cliveden to Frederick, Prince of Wales, and the son of George II and father of George III. During his tenancy, the Earl and Countess of Inchiquin lived at Taplow Court but took back Cliveden in their possession in 1751.
In 1795 when the third successive Countess of Orkney was living at Cliveden a disastrous fire broke out, leaving only the terrace on the south and the wings standing. The family moved back to Taplow Court and despite plans to rebuild it, Cliveden was left derelict until 1824 when it was sold to Sir George Warrender.