... America's "richest citizen", house parties for prime ministers and visits by Queen Victoria (though not necessarily in that order!) - Discover our special 'The Butler Did It' short break...
History, Legacy and Drama since 1666...
Cliveden House has played host to every British monarch since George I and has been home to three Dukes, an Earl and Frederick Prince of Wales.
Let's not forget the famous (or rather infamous) swim which ultimately led to the downfall of a government (remember the Profumo Affair?) - which is no doubt why Cliveden has the only listed outdoor swimming pool in Britain!
Our special 'The Butler Did It' short break is the perfect antidote for obsessive Downton Abbey fans and includes:
- Overnight Accommodation in one of our truly unique and individual bedrooms or suites.
- Three course dinner in the Restaurant with its spectacular views of the formal Parterre gardens.
- Access to explore the spectacular 376 acres of National Trust grounds and parkland.
- A hearty full English breakfast in either the Andre Garrett Restaurant or the Club Room.
- A private Butler's talk, revealing the secrets and revelations from 300 years of history.
- Your own copy of the memoirs of Lady Astor's personal maid Rosina Harrison, ('The Lady's Maid: My life in service')
- Full use of the Pavilion Spa and Leisure facilities.
Prices start from only £349.50 per person per night, inclusive of VAT and based on two people sharing.
- Club Room - £699.00 per night
- Classic Room - £799.00 per night
- Deluxe Room - £919.00 per night
- Junior Suite - £1,119.00 per night
- Deluxe Suite - £1,349.00 per night
- Prince of Wales Suite - £1,789.00 per night
- Lady Astor Suite - £1,789.00 per night
- Inchiquin Suite - £1,789.00 per night
- Spring Cottage - £2,309.00 per night
The above rates are valid from Sunday to Thursday, weekend rates are available at a supplement.
For further information or to book, please contact our Reservations Team on 00 44 1628 668561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote 'The Butler Did It'.
A National Trust admission fee of £11.50 per person will be added to your bill (excluding National Trust members, with valid membership cards).
*** DISCOVER DOWNTON ABBEY ***
Cliveden is located only 1 hour away from Highclere Castle, the home of Lord and Lady Carnaravon and the film setting for the hit TV show Downton Abbey. During the summer months it is possible to visit the Castle and our Reservations Team can arrange a chauffeur car and tickets on request (subject to availability)