In the Cliveden Boathouse on the River Thames, you will find a lovingly restored flotilla of vintage launches.
A jaunt down the River Thames in one of these exquisite treasures, whether for a glorious afternoon tea, a lazy picnic lunch or an indulgent champagne cruise to Henley, offers the ultimate in sheer effortless enjoyment. The most luxurious boat trips on one of the most beautiful stretches of the Thames you can imagine.
The Cliveden Flotilla is available for charter for residents and non-residents alike, for periods ranging from one hour to a whole day.
CHAMPAGNE CRUISE ON THE THAMES
Each evening you can board one of our beautiful launches and sail along the Cliveden Reach while sipping Champagne in the evening light. This 45 minute cruise includes a glass of champagne per person and departs at the following times:
April to August - 5pm and 6pm
September and October - 4pm and 5pm
£50.00 per person (1st April to 31st October)
- Suzy Ann (up to 10 guests) - First hour - £250.00 / Subsequent hour - £140.00
- Belmont (up to 4 guests) - First hour - £185.00 / Subsequent hour - £125.00
We would be delighted to put together a tailor made cruise to your specification. Our Head Chef has a range of menus to choose from , ensuring the quintessentially English experience will be remembered for years to come.
View the Boat Picnic Menu >>
TERMS OF SAIL
- Maximum capacity is 10 guests on the Suzy Ann and 4 guests on the Belmont. This must not be exceeded under any circumstances.
- Deck shoes must be worn all times when sailing in one of our vintage launches. Trainers are acceptable as long as they have a non-slip sole.
- No dogs are permitted on board.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT, fuel and crew where appropriate.
- A charge of £6.75 per guest is made by the National Trust; this charge will however be waived upon production of a valid National Trust membership card.
- All boat bookings are charged in advance at the time of making the reservation; this includes food and beverage items and the National Trust fee. We operate on a 7 day cancellation policy.
- All food and beverage consumed on the boats must be provided by Cliveden House.
- Boats will sail at the booked time, with allowance for unavoidable delays and excess river traffic up to 30 minutes.
- In the event of rain, boats still sail.
- Cliveden reserves the right to cancel bookings for security and safety reasons.
For further information or to make a booking please contact our reservations team on 01628 668561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Flotilla and Popular Destinations from Cliveden
The Suzy Ann, built in 1911, and celebrating her 100th year in 2011, is the flagship and can accommodate up to ten guests in great style and comfort. Restored for Cliveden in 1986, Suzy Ann subsequently won first prize for best professional restoration of a vintage boat at the Henley Traditional Boat Rally. Meals, drinks, picnics and small functions can all be catered for and enjoyed aboard this remarkable old piece of history whilst cruising the idyllic and picturesque waters of the famous River Thames.
Belmont, a resplendent 33 foot Thames slipper launch, can entertain up to four guests. Built in the 1930s, she's been painstakingly restored and is a most divinely extravagant way to cruise the Thames.
Bray - Downstream from Cliveden, a cruise to Bray takes approx. one hour. Leaving the boathouse, the views of the magnificent Hanging Woods of Cliveden and of the house itself are breathtaking. Having passed through Boulters Lock and under the bridges of Maidenhead, your boat arrives on the Fisheries Reach.
Windsor - A cruise to Windsor and the stunning castle, home to the rulers of England for almost a thousand years, is majestic. You pass Monkey Island, Bray Studios and Windsor Racecourse before witnessing a stunning view of Windsor Castle. The collegiate town of Eton is a short stroll across the pedestrian bridge linking the two rooms.
Marlow - Upstream from Cliveden, cruise through the riverside village of Cookham and lovely open countryside to Marlow.
Henley - This world-famous regatta town is four hours upstream from Marlow. We suggest one leg of your trip is completed by car and this we would be delighted to arrange. Arriving at Henley Regatta by one of Cliveden's vintage launches is a magical experience.